MOVABLE TINY HOUSES as ADUs
The City of LA is considering the possibility of Movable Tiny Houses as Accessory Dwelling Units (backyard housing). This would be a TREMENDOUS win in creating legal options for living tiny! The window to make change to this ordinance is small – we need to take action now! Call your elected officials and let them know you support Movable Tiny Houses as ADUs.
- Here’s the contact information for City Council members and their staff
- FAQ’s on Tiny Houses as ADUs
A good place to start…
- California’s Informational Bulletin on Tiny Homes
The ICC voted to add a tiny house Appendix to the International Residential Code (IRC)! Learn more here.
- Documentary by Tiny House Expedition: Living Tiny Legally – Part 1
- NEW! Living Tiny Legally – Part 2
- American Tiny House Association (ATHA): TIPS on working towards tiny house acceptance
KEEP US INFORMED
Help the LA tiny houses community better understand your needs and interests with this survey: Be Heard
ASK QUESTIONS or COLLABORATE
Ask for help. Share your ideas. Offer assistance. Join forces. Help make change. Contact Us
CONNECT TO COMMUNITY
Meet other tiny house enthusiasts who could support your dreams or answer your many questions online, or in person by coming to events.
FRIENDS IN ADVOCACY